cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lokeshb31
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue while restoring QVPR to different machine

We have multi node qlikview environment.

I restored QVPR from one of the Dev environment  using 000002996 article "How To: Restore QVPR From Backup" to different machine.

I followed all steps as mentioned in KB but QMC is not getting started. Error in QMS log file "Information QlikView Management Service Initialization failed, service stopped. Reason: Failed to initialize repository"

Errors in event viewer:

System event: The QlikView Management Service service terminated unexpectedly.

Application event: 

Application: QVManagementService.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Exception
at QMSBackendInterface.QMSBackend.Startup(Int32, System.String, SNMP.SnmpService ByRef)
at QMS.MainLoop.Run(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

Please help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lokeshb31
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Brett for reply. I was able to resolve the issue. As per the QVPR restore KBA, they asked to change server names only in xml files but I also changed the server names in .BAK files from QVPR folder.

Secondly, I did not change ini file on target machine (kept as it is). These two settings resolved my issue and I was able to to restore QVPR successfully. All services are up and running and environment is handed over to business after successful testing. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I just did a Techspert Thursday on migration a few weeks ago:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/Techspert-Thursdays-Worry-Free-Migration-for...

Either something went wrong on the first update of the QVPR files to the new schemas and cannot be corrected, or you have something else out of sync.  Did you try replacing the QVPR again and starting the QMS service again to let it update things?  I have run into situations where the first attempt fails, but restoring and running again will get everything properly updated.  One thing that could cause an issue along these lines would be if Anti-Virus client doing active scanning is scanning the QVPR files...  Shout if you have further questions, best theory I have given what you gave us.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Lokeshb31
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Brett for reply. I was able to resolve the issue. As per the QVPR restore KBA, they asked to change server names only in xml files but I also changed the server names in .BAK files from QVPR folder.

Secondly, I did not change ini file on target machine (kept as it is). These two settings resolved my issue and I was able to to restore QVPR successfully. All services are up and running and environment is handed over to business after successful testing.