Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Last used date of a doc-Call

Hi all,

I would like to see if there are doc-call that are not used for a period.

I would like to create a table with the dashboard, user and the last used date of the doc-call.

In the management-console I can see the data (see picture) but if I have to do this for all the dashboards it's taking a lot of time. Where is this date stored?

datedoc-call.jpg

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

That's true, it'll need a bit more work than that. 

Based on the names you can pull from this you can work with session information from other logs to see when the user has last logged in - but regardless it'd require more effort to piece the information together. We don't have a solution for this right out of the box as is.

Alternatively, you could use the APIs. A little digging turned up  https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/QlikView-Management-API-2-Export-Add-Delete-Documen...as an example, which mentions fetching the last used data as well.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just wanted to leave a note regarding the product terms and removing Doc CALs from users, refer to Section 3 C Identified Users for information regarding when you can remove Users from Named/Doc CALs, just want to be sure you understand the licensing here too.

QlikView Product Terms 

Basically, the two conditions allowed are termination or user changes roles and no longer has use of the product, there is no allowance for last used timestamp removal.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Kris!

You could check out this article: Reading PGO contents and CAL assignments / PGO to XML (kb 000002773) to get you started on how to find CAL usage data. 

Basically: The CAL usage data is stored in the CALData.pgo file. You can flip a switch in the QlikView Server settings to print that .pgo file into .XML format. Then you can read (read only) that data and, for example, let a QlikView document read it for easier parsing.

That should give you what you need. 

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Sonja,

thank you for the reaction. But in the url you attached in your post is mentioned that the "lastused" is encrypted. 

So I can not use this way of working.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

That's true, it'll need a bit more work than that. 

Based on the names you can pull from this you can work with session information from other logs to see when the user has last logged in - but regardless it'd require more effort to piece the information together. We don't have a solution for this right out of the box as is.

Alternatively, you could use the APIs. A little digging turned up  https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/QlikView-Management-API-2-Export-Add-Delete-Documen...as an example, which mentions fetching the last used data as well.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just wanted to leave a note regarding the product terms and removing Doc CALs from users, refer to Section 3 C Identified Users for information regarding when you can remove Users from Named/Doc CALs, just want to be sure you understand the licensing here too.

QlikView Product Terms 

Basically, the two conditions allowed are termination or user changes roles and no longer has use of the product, there is no allowance for last used timestamp removal.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.