Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thoams
Contributor
Contributor

Migration

Hi.  I want to migrate QlikView from an old PC to an new one.

I cleared the license data from the old PC.

Entered them into the new one.   But when I want to validate my credentials  (license number, control number etc.) the system will go on red and ask me to contact support.

What's wrong ?

Thanks

Thomas

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Thoams

It sounds like maybe the license is expired.

Do you get any other errors? 

You can check the license by following the below instructions

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-request-a-control-number-and-LEF/ta-p/1714096

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Thoams,

I agree with Maria in that this issue seems like an expired license.  First check your QVS license/LEF by using the Manual LEF Checker.  Enter your license number  & click Request LEF button.  The LEF for the license will be provided.  Within the LEF, check the PRODUCTLEVEL;10 ;; line for the date that's listed as yyyy-mm-dd.  If this date isn't current, you'll get an error.   Open QMC and navigate to System > Licenses, highlight QlikView Server > QlikView Server License tab and review the LEF that's present.  Within the LEF, check the PRODUCTLEVEL;10 ;; line for the date that's listed as yyyy-mm-dd.  Is the date the same for both LEFs? 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Thoams,

Yes you can install QV 12.40. The article How to check Product Support/Maintenance Contract End date (Legacy LEF license) explains how the date in the PRODUCTLEVEL provision in the LEF works.

Reach out to your Qlik Account Manager/Sales Rep.  They are the people at Qlik who handle licensing.  If you don't know who your AM is, contact Qlik Customer Support.  They can tell you who it is and provide contact information.

Best Regards

4 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Thoams

It sounds like maybe the license is expired.

Do you get any other errors? 

You can check the license by following the below instructions

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-request-a-control-number-and-LEF/ta-p/1714096

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Thoams,

I agree with Maria in that this issue seems like an expired license.  First check your QVS license/LEF by using the Manual LEF Checker.  Enter your license number  & click Request LEF button.  The LEF for the license will be provided.  Within the LEF, check the PRODUCTLEVEL;10 ;; line for the date that's listed as yyyy-mm-dd.  If this date isn't current, you'll get an error.   Open QMC and navigate to System > Licenses, highlight QlikView Server > QlikView Server License tab and review the LEF that's present.  Within the LEF, check the PRODUCTLEVEL;10 ;; line for the date that's listed as yyyy-mm-dd.  Is the date the same for both LEFs? 

Best Regards

Thoams
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi. Thanks for the idea with the LEF Checker.
Really an expired licendse   (2020-04-30)

So what are the options? I think as follows:

1. Can I reinstall version QlikView 12.40?  In this version my key worked.  Or is it illegitimate to use my license any further?   If I can use ver 12.40:   Where do I get the setup file ?

2. How would I be able to upgrade/extend my license ?  Price ? Procedure ?

Thanks

Thomas

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Thoams,

Yes you can install QV 12.40. The article How to check Product Support/Maintenance Contract End date (Legacy LEF license) explains how the date in the PRODUCTLEVEL provision in the LEF works.

Reach out to your Qlik Account Manager/Sales Rep.  They are the people at Qlik who handle licensing.  If you don't know who your AM is, contact Qlik Customer Support.  They can tell you who it is and provide contact information.

Best Regards