Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NTLM authentification with firefox, ie and safari

Hi,

We have a strange problem.

We use QlikView V11 SBE initial release

authentification in NTLM

access section in our qv documents

when we go to access point with admin account we can access to our documents with firefox but not with ie and (safari in ipad (os 4.3.3)) --> error message is

when we go to access with a standard account we can access to our documents with firefox and ie but not (safari in ipad (os 4.3.3)) --> error message is "login failed"

my conclusion is firefox > ie > safari lol

anyway we dont understand solve this problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Add your QlikView Server to the Trusted sites in Internet Explorer, and in the Custom Level button, you can set automatic logon using current user name and password. So you will not be prompted for user and password and will let you access the AccessPoint and see only those documents that you have permissions. I'm assuming your section access is using NTNAME instead of USERID.

Any other web browser will ask at least once for username and password, that you must provide in the form DOMAIN\USERNAME. If the browser is configured to remember credentials, you will be prompted only once, and will use this stored credentials for any further connection.

That should work for any web browser. If that does not happen like that, let us know.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Add your QlikView Server to the Trusted sites in Internet Explorer, and in the Custom Level button, you can set automatic logon using current user name and password. So you will not be prompted for user and password and will let you access the AccessPoint and see only those documents that you have permissions. I'm assuming your section access is using NTNAME instead of USERID.

Any other web browser will ask at least once for username and password, that you must provide in the form DOMAIN\USERNAME. If the browser is configured to remember credentials, you will be prompted only once, and will use this stored credentials for any further connection.

That should work for any web browser. If that does not happen like that, let us know.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

i dont use remember credentials but in ie and safari, we need to specify the domain DOMAIN\NTNAME not in firefox.

thx a lot