Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snarrp_Rocky
Contributor III
Contributor III

Need Help with Expression

Dear All,

I have attached QVW file which has VaR column. I need to get Previous days VaR under the "Previous Days VaR" column show in QVW. Kindly advise

Also, I need to calculate IVaR, the working on IVaR has saved in the attached excel. This needs to be populated under IVaR column in the QVW please.

Many thanks for your kind help.

Regards
Deepak.

26 Replies
snarrp_Rocky
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is good. Thanks Sunny so much. Just one query, if I have to change in my QVW to three months only, how can we achieve that ? In above sparkline it is giving only one month. Lets say if we have to take for 3 month or 4 months etc only, how do we achieve that ?
sunny_talwar

I believe we are seeing 1 month because you only have 1 month data in the qvw file. I think it has been few days and you must have forgotten about that 🙂

snarrp_Rocky
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

no no. I remember it 🙂 My query, in my QVW which is not fully shared has 6months data. In that QVW, if I have to put the sparkline for 3 months, how can I do that was my query 🙂
sunny_talwar

I would suggest you to use set analysis to restrict the data to 3 months. but the problem is that you are only seeing 1 month despite having 6 months in your app. That is weird and I wouldn't have expected this.

snarrp_Rocky
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Actually I am able to see data from the beginning but I need to restrict it to 3 months. Lets say one of one month we have in my shared QVW, if we want to restrict to say 10 days, how can it be done?
sunny_talwar

Use set analysis. Have you used that before? If not, I recommend giving it a shot because it seems you really have a very low knowledge of the tool and I encourage you to try some of the easier things so that you can become self dependent. Here are some good links to look at

A Primer on Set Analysis

and

Dates in Set Analysis

If you are still not able to figure it out, I am more than happy to help, but at least give it a shot.

snarrp_Rocky
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Sunny. that is helpful to fill some gaps I had. 🙂