Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New QV 11 Server installation running slow!

Ever since we upgraded (only this week), we have users who complain that it's running much slower than the old server (load time, access time, etc). Any helpful hints to speed it up?  JPT

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

I have the same issue at a customer site. We upgraded version 9 to 11 and the users experience a much slower environment (load time, access time, etc, etc.). How did you solve your issue?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, we learned to live with it … worked with a QV consultant, but wasn’t able to change anything that made a difference. JPT

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi John and Björn,

There have been actually issues and bugs in earlier versions of 11 in this regard. Fortunately, many of them have been fixed and I have several Customers and Partners running reload and distribution tasks faster than in version 9 or 10.

Make sure you are running the latest version: 11.2 SR1 release 11718. Anyway, feel free to log a Support case in Support@qlik.com if that is a stopper in your install or upgrade.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your reply. I actually installed version 11.2 SR1 build 11718 at the customer site. We noticed a performance increase in reloading / distributing taks compared to version 9 indeed. But the performance issues I meant were related to using access point. Once a document is opened in access point it takes a couple of seconds to select / deselect values or go from one tab to another. And that's not workable...

We are currently in talks with QlikView Support so hopefully we can find a solution for this issue.

Björn

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Hi Bjorn,

I understand that you posted this concern about 6 months ago. Just wondering if there's possible solution like you described? I did some installation on QV11 on several clients, and they didn't notice significant performance issue. So far only 1 client reported experience loading the dashboard from Access Points takes roughly 10-15 sec (this is using 11.2 SR3), while it only took them 5 sec or so while using 10 SR1.

I appreciate your (and everyone's) input,

Thank you,

Anton