cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

No server error message

Dear All

When user login through the QlikView access point it shows No server error  message, for this I have checked the services in that QlikView server services are not running.,  Every time I need to run the services manually then only user can able view the files., I have set the properties automatically for that services but it not working.

How to make the services to automatically ?

Kindly help me to fix this issue.

12 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Is your installation properly Licenced? You need to check- QMC>System>Licences>QVS>Qlikview Server Licence.

Andy

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What does the QVS Events Log File say?

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

seems to be license not applied,if ur having the license key& control number ...pls go with System tab-Licenses-UR QLIKVIEWserver and apply license.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

This is most likely not a Qv issue

The user used to start the services has the issue.

Check the windows logs.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Being the other services are running, I wouldn't think there is an issue with the service account. What happens when you manually start the service? If it start and stops, you might find a cause in the QVS event log, that is located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.

What you are seeing in IE is normal when the Webserver can't communicate with QVS.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In my system i cant find the bellow location

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.

how to check the QVS event log files.

IE show No server message in red back ground.

Siraj..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

i got Event Log file in that file how to i can check..

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Pick the most recent one if you have multiple copies, and open it in Notepad. Check if there are any (error) messages related to the startup issue around the time of your last attempt to launch the QVS service.

Not applicable
Author

Try to stop "QlikView server service" then start it.. if you remember the approximate time when the issue was occurred then look at the Event log file uder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer or QVS