Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not Able to Delete Quarantined User Accounts

I just set up Qlikview Server 11 on Windows Server 2008.  I copied the document files from our old instance of Qlikview Server 10 to the new server.  All of the user accounts were showing up from Qlikview 10 in Qlikview 11, so I deleted all of the accounts.  However, five accounts remain as quarantined and I am not able to delete them.  This is an issue because we are running a test license and we only have five CALs under the terms of the testing license. 

So...how on earth to I get ride of these five remainng accounts set for quarantine?  Further, why does Qlikview put them into quarantine?  This just seems wrong, if admin wants to delete accounts he or she should be able to and not have Qlikview decide for him/her.

Can someone help here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I want to post that deleting the PGO files can lead to big issues. You are correct this is the place where the licensing information is stored. However, if you have a large number of User Cals assigned this will delete all of the cals and you will have to reenter them. This can be time consuming. .
To delete an assigned user, thus freeing a Document CAL, click on the
Delete button . If the CAL
has not been in use for the last 24 hours, it will be deleted immediately. If the CAL is currently being used
or has recently been used, it will be marked for deletion, and not allow new sessions for user access
through this CAL, but will still occupy an allocated CAL until the Quarantine time ends. During this
period, you may undelete by clicking the
Restore button . After the quarantine period, you may
delete the entry manually (by clicking on the
Delete button), or restart the QVS service.
Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If the quarantine is working properly, from the moment you delete an account, that license will be locked for 24 hours until it is actually available to be allocated to another user.

I'd say it is a license control. Otherwise, it would be possible to realocate a license many times during the day and it would not be exactly a named user.

If the problem persists after the 24 hour period, then it is not working as expected and you should report this as a bug.

Hope this helps,

Erich

adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I agree with Erich Schiino.    

I would also recommend to check and delete all the ".shared", ".pgo" and ".meta" files since those are the files used to maintain user license details. Just don't forget to keep the backup of those files.

After that, you can restart the QV Server Service to take affect the changes you have made.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Andrew Hudson.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies.

I deleted all of the .pgo files and that seemed to clear up the problem.  I can now add users.

Thanks!!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I want to post that deleting the PGO files can lead to big issues. You are correct this is the place where the licensing information is stored. However, if you have a large number of User Cals assigned this will delete all of the cals and you will have to reenter them. This can be time consuming. .
To delete an assigned user, thus freeing a Document CAL, click on the
Delete button . If the CAL
has not been in use for the last 24 hours, it will be deleted immediately. If the CAL is currently being used
or has recently been used, it will be marked for deletion, and not allow new sessions for user access
through this CAL, but will still occupy an allocated CAL until the Quarantine time ends. During this
period, you may undelete by clicking the
Restore button . After the quarantine period, you may
delete the entry manually (by clicking on the
Delete button), or restart the QVS service.
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can you help me how to transfer license one user to other..please let me know the steps

anojnira
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is there a way to Bypass the Quarantine ?
I wan't it remove imminently 

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

No there is no way to bypass the Quarantine period without violating the license agreement.

Bill

sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II

Hi All,

I have to run this control M job which we are using as external event in the qlikview

The CAL Jobs will Remove User CALs after the 24 hours quarantine period. However the new version has change the quarantine period to 7 Days. Test that User CALs are removed for Users after 7 Days. 

In SIT, We are upgraded to Qlikview 12.4 from 12.2 after that if i run the control M job it will not be deleted the and its not working for me 
below are the screenshots for the control M and QMC CAL's