Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annacastan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not show qvw names in QMC qlikview

Hi everyone!

I am using QlikView Management Console and I want to hide the names of qvw files. Is anyone know how to do it?

Attached a screenshot!

annacastan_0-1621255137662.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@annacastan,

I reviewed a prior support case which had the same request as yours. I also discussed this request with some QV product managers. There isn't a way to obscure the QVW name from the task as listed in the QMC.  This was a feature added to allow QV admins to have  the QVW name handy while on this tab of the QMC, without having to switch back and forth between other tabs to understand what the QVW name was associated with tasks.

So suggest that you create a new feature request for the ability to obscure the QVW name from the task.  See article How to Submit Feature Requests for Qlik Products for details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @annacastan,

I don't believe there's a method to do what you're asking. I will check internally to see if its possible.

Best Regards

MayilVahanan

Hi @annacastan 

Can you try to rename the task like below

MayilVahanan_0-1621311494025.png

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

As @MayilVahanan said you can call the tasks whatever you want. but if you change the name I don't think you will have any references to the document name at all in the task.

That might not be a problem but it is good to know.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@annacastan,

I reviewed a prior support case which had the same request as yours. I also discussed this request with some QV product managers. There isn't a way to obscure the QVW name from the task as listed in the QMC.  This was a feature added to allow QV admins to have  the QVW name handy while on this tab of the QMC, without having to switch back and forth between other tabs to understand what the QVW name was associated with tasks.

So suggest that you create a new feature request for the ability to obscure the QVW name from the task.  See article How to Submit Feature Requests for Qlik Products for details.

Best Regards

annacastan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I know this functionality, but this is not what I was asking to change. I want only to hide the official name of my qvw file that appears between ().

annacastan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

not at all... I mean you could see the official name whenever you wanted by opening the details tab of each task.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@annacastan 

As Chip stated above, there are currently no way of doing this.