Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator

Offline Access of QlikView dashboards

Hi,

We would like to active offline access feature of QlikView dashboards so that users can access the dashboards even when they are not connected to the company network. I have gone through the Mobile Client Reference Manual (Dated September 2012) and have some queries I am looking for answers to:

1.  The manual says that offline access works only when working on an iPad. Is there any change in the process as the manual is almost 2 years old now? Is it possible to use the offline access in laptops as well?

2. Is the "QlikView apps" only way to access the dashboards offline? Or can they be accessed offline from other access points as well - like IE Plugin, Ajax (from a web browser)?

3. Do we still have to create bookmarks for offline use, and update/replace the bookmarks every time we decide to go on offline - or there have been some improvements in the process?

4. Are there any improvements in the limitations listed down in the reference manual two years back?

Thank you for you help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

There are only two ways of offline work with QlikView, one is a mentioned the iOS App and if you like to work offline on a Laptop you can use the Desktop Client and a local copy of the QVW.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

There are only two ways of offline work with QlikView, one is a mentioned the iOS App and if you like to work offline on a Laptop you can use the Desktop Client and a local copy of the QVW.

bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Daniel. I got the same response from QlikTech. I was in the impression that there might be some changes in last two years; but alas... not the case