Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Expressions based on different dimensions

Hello.

I have a table with the following structure:

timestampdata1data2data1*data2
ts1a1a*1
ts2b1b*1
ts3c1c*1
ts4d2d*2

where the first column (dimension) has evenly distributed timestamp values. The aim is to compare two scenarios.

Let scenario A be composed by the data in rows ts3 and ts4.

Then, scenario B would consist in relocating data1 associated with ts3 and ts4 to timestamps ts1 and ts2. Therefore:

Scenario AScenario B
time_intervalts4-ts3ts2-ts1 (=ts4-ts3)
sum(data1)c+dc+d
sum(data2)1+21+1
sum(data1*data2)c*1+d*2c*1+d*1

I have an input box where the user specifies the new time start for scenario B as a variable. Then, I am using set analysis to associate data1 from scenario A to the corresponding timestamps in scenario B and everything is working fine.

The problem comes with data2 and, consequently, with data1*data2, since data2 values may not be equal from scenario A to scenario B. (In the example above, data1=c keeps being associated with data2=1, but for data1=d, data2 assumes value "1" and no longer "2").

I have tried to overcome this issue by using variables/set analysis, but I have not succeeded yet.

Have you any idea for a possible solution? Is there any function (like match/index/...) that can be useful?

Thank you & Best regards,

João

0 Replies