Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jduarte12
Partner
Partner

Expressions based on different dimensions

Hello.

I have a table with the following structure:

timestampdata1data2data1*data2
ts1a1a*1
ts2b1b*1
ts3c1c*1
ts4d2d*2

where the first column (dimension) has evenly distributed timestamp values. The aim is to compare two scenarios.

Let scenario A be composed by the data in rows ts3 and ts4.

Then, scenario B would consist in relocating data1 associated with ts3 and ts4 to timestamps ts1 and ts2. Therefore:

Scenario AScenario B
time_intervalts4-ts3ts2-ts1 (=ts4-ts3)
sum(data1)c+dc+d
sum(data2)1+21+1
sum(data1*data2)c*1+d*2c*1+d*1

I have an input box where the user specifies the new time start for scenario B as a variable. Then, I am using set analysis to associate data1 from scenario A to the corresponding timestamps in scenario B and everything is working fine.

The problem comes with data2 and, consequently, with data1*data2, since data2 values may not be equal from scenario A to scenario B. (In the example above, data1=c keeps being associated with data2=1, but for data1=d, data2 assumes value "1" and no longer "2").

I have tried to overcome this issue by using variables/set analysis, but I have not succeeded yet.

Have you any idea for a possible solution? Is there any function (like match/index/...) that can be useful?

Thank you & Best regards,

João

0 Replies