Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QueenS
Contributor II
Contributor II

PATH Environment variable when execute QVDistributionService.exe

Hi.

I'm facing this issue:

I have Qlikview server and QV desktop installed on the same server.

My Qlikview Document should connect to Oracle database to extract data.

Connection is done using OLEDB and so I installed Oracle Client on this server  to get the OLEDB driver.

Oracle installation was done AFTER the QV  installation (both server and desktop).

The users' PATH environment variable was updated with ORACLE installation path.

Now, when I reload the document interactively using QV desktop - all is fine, it connect the DB and extract the data.

but when I reload the document in batch using QVdistributionService - it stuck when getting to the OLEDB CONNECT command in the script. like it doesn't find the driver.

So in order to be sure that the driver location is in the PATH - I added to the following command to the script:

EXECUTE 'cmd.exe /c echo %PATH% >c:\temp\path.txt';

and I see that when I reload it using QV desktop, the PATH is ok and  contains the oracle installation location.

but when I reload it using QVdistributionService , the PATH contains the original PATH that was before the Oracle client installation, and doesn't contains the oracle location.

I guess this is the reason why the document reload stuck when  using the QVdistributionService.

My question is how do I change the environment variable for this executable. I didn;t find any config file that has it. Is the only way to solve this is to reinstall the QV server???

I'll appreciate your help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Make sure that the Oracle path is added to the System Env variables, as well as the User Env.

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Make sure that the Oracle path is added to the System Env variables, as well as the User Env.

-Rob

QueenS
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi

Oracle PATH was included in the Sysem Env and User Env variables.

but apparently, server wasn't restarted after the oracle installation so services didn't get the new variables value.

After restart it was ok.

Thanks