Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Plugin issues with new installed PC and newer IE version

So,
we've run in to a QV Plugin issue we can't figure out.
* Server/plugin: April 2019 SR1
* IE: 11.295.18362.0

On 2 new laptops with newer Win/IE version than before there is 1 thing that don't work with IE Plugin.
This is what vi do:
* Open any App
* Right click -> New Sheet Object
* Choose any of the alternatives, ex. list box
* Instead of a new window with properties popping up, everything just disappears.

See attached pic

Anyone with the same version of IE (or newer) that it works/don't works for?

(it works when running Ajax/Full browser version)

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @s1,

The IE Plugin client build version must match that of the QV Server build version, so that's the first thing to check.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
s1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ah sorry, server version i also April 2019 SR1

s1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

And, it works for a lot of other ppl with older versions of IE.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Are any errors displayed when attempting to open QVW?  If yes, what are they?

Issue only occurs with new laptops running that specific version of IE you listed?

The IE Plugin utilizes the QVP protocol, which communicates over port 4747. A common issue with new laptops is the port 4747 isn't open, so ensure that it is.

On those laptops, check the Internet Options > F12 Developer Tools > Emulation tab to see what the value for Document mode is set to. Needs to be 11.

Have a look at the Qlik Support article "How-to enable Extended Error logging in QlikView Desktop or Internet Explorer Plugin" and generate a log for the connection attempt for review. 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
s1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So,  I have some more info about this now.

There are no other errors when I open an App.
I've turned off Windows Firewall.

And no, it's not only those 2 laptops.
I'm on Mac and I just now installed Parallels (free trial) and the Windows version that comes with it. And it doesn't work with this either...
I guess this is _quite_ simple for anyone else to test as well?

I'll try to generate a log file for this.
Thanks

s1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

and document mode is 11

s1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky  you think that it would be possible for you, or someone else, to try the Mac/Parallels approach and see if that works for you? Thanks /s

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if a windows installation within a mac virtualization could be regarded as a complete/full windows installation. Maybe some features/libraries are not installed and/or activated/registered and the IE plugin needs further various ActiveX, javascript and other (security) settings to be activated.

An alternatively to parallels might be to install windows directly with boot camp.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Svante, best I have for you is the following, only thing left of which I can think:

Enable Protected Mode...

I will have to do some work to re-enable IE on my laptop and swap my client back out tomorrow, was doing some testing in 11.20 track today, but I am pretty sure I was having no issues with things, but I will confirm. Running Windows 10 Build 1093 on an HP Zbook with 12 cores and 64gig of memory, have to re-enable IE to see if my version matches what you have in the screenshot.  I should be able to get to things sometime tomorrow and shout back.  Let me know if you did figure something out in the meantime, or if the above article works.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.