Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yassinemhadhbi
Creator II
Creator II

Problem with incorrect thumbnail

Good morning everyone,

So recently i'm facing a problem that happens with several users ( even me )

We have about 10 applications, sometimes the thumbnail of an application appears on another and so on.

Also sometimes as an admin i have the access to all the applications, but in my access point i see only 3  and when i refresh the access point i can see them all , then i can see only 5 applications ( when i restart the QVS the problem dissapears completly) .

I don't know if these two problemes are somehow related but i think they are.

We are using QV 12.10 SR 10 installed on Windows server 2012.

I'm looking forward for your responses.

Best Regards
Yassine Mhadhbi
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think the official recommendation would be to upgrade to the latest release because 12.10 is already out of support.

Beside this I think your issue is probably caused through any recent change to configurations on Qlik, the OS, the used Browser, security settings ... Is there anything you know of or which could be as most likely suspected?

A quick try would be to check the access point with another browser or to remove there the cache. Further you mentioned a restart of the qvs - did you already a restart of the machine?

- Marcus 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think the official recommendation would be to upgrade to the latest release because 12.10 is already out of support.

Beside this I think your issue is probably caused through any recent change to configurations on Qlik, the OS, the used Browser, security settings ... Is there anything you know of or which could be as most likely suspected?

A quick try would be to check the access point with another browser or to remove there the cache. Further you mentioned a restart of the qvs - did you already a restart of the machine?

- Marcus 

yassinemhadhbi
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Good morning,

We are considering upgrading our QV Version to the latest release.

When i refresh the page everything is fixed but it sometimes makes the users open the wrong application

Best Regards
Yassine Mhadhbi