Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_roberts
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QMC not showing any data after installation.

Hi All

I have installed Qlikview 12.20 SR7 as this is the required version for our deployment on a Windows Server 2019. The problem I have encountered is when opening the QMC is that I can see the page frame but I cannot see anything in the windows on any of the tabs.

This seems like permission issue on the programdata\Qliktech folder. I have tried changing the service from running as local system to the logged in admin user used to install and its part of the ClikView adminstrators group as well as checking the permissions on the programdata\Qliktech and all seems fine.

I've tried rebooting just in case you ask 🙂

I have also checked that port 4747 is listening.

Checking the QMC log I have found an error that might help understand the problem if anyone has any ideas?

20201023T091908.924+0100 Information QMS web server started successfully 20201023T091908.971+0100 Information Initialization complete, entering main loop... 20201023T091909.378+0100 Information Service host started. 20201023T091909.551+0100 Information DistributionGroupConfig: No config file C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\DistributionGroups\DistributionGroupDefinition.xml. Clearing settings. 20201023T091918.427+0100 Error System.Exception: Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server. || at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.<>c__DisplayClass94_0.<UpdateQvsSettingsCache>b__0() || at SolutionGlobal.Collections.ThreadSafeCache`2.CacheItem`1.GetObject() || at SolutionGlobal.Collections.ThreadSafeCache`2.Get(TKey key, Func`1 createObjectFunc) || at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.UpdateQvsSettingsCache(Guid qvsID) || at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.Diagnostics.UpdateQvsSettingsCache() 20201023T091948.448+0100 Error System.Exception: Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server. || at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.<>c__DisplayClass94_0.<UpdateQvsSettingsCache>b__0() || at SolutionGlobal.Collections.ThreadSafeCache`2.CacheItem`1.GetObject() || at SolutionGlobal.Collections.ThreadSafeCache`2.Get(TKey key, Func`1 createObjectFunc) || at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.UpdateQvsSettingsCache(Guid qvsID) || at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.Diagnostics.UpdateQvsSettingsCache()  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@mike_roberts  The most likely issue is the fact that track is not supported on Server 2019:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Content/System-requirements.htm

The 12.20 track is also going out of support the end of this month as well, so I would recommend updating to 12.40 or 12.50 tracks as both of those are supported on Server 2019 as well.  There are significant changes in the 12.30 track though, so be sure you do thorough testing before upgrading.  Sorry I do not have better news for you, but best I can offer on this one with what you have provided.  The only other thing I could say is to check security settings on the server, as it may be that something is blocking the .Net HTTP calls etc. between the .Net web services.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@mike_roberts  The most likely issue is the fact that track is not supported on Server 2019:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Content/System-requirements.htm

The 12.20 track is also going out of support the end of this month as well, so I would recommend updating to 12.40 or 12.50 tracks as both of those are supported on Server 2019 as well.  There are significant changes in the 12.30 track though, so be sure you do thorough testing before upgrading.  Sorry I do not have better news for you, but best I can offer on this one with what you have provided.  The only other thing I could say is to check security settings on the server, as it may be that something is blocking the .Net HTTP calls etc. between the .Net web services.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is a Support Blog post on end of life for the 12.20 release:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates-Blog/QlikView-11-20-amp-12-20-Upcoming-Support-Expirat...

Regards,
Brett