Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veraduis
Contributor
Contributor

QV 12 IE Plugin - no autocomplete

Since migrating to QV 12 (Nov 18 release) and installing the new IE plugin, auto-completion of fieldnames in new objects does not work anymore. 

Did anyone else encounter this problem? Any hints on solutions?

Regards, Vera

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend opening a case up with us in Support to look into this one, as that would appear to be a bug.  If you are not on SR1 release of 12.30, you may want to try that first though just to be sure a fix there did not address things, but this does not ring any bells for me.  If you can provide an example app with details steps on what we need to do to see the issue, it should not take us long to confirm things and get a bug report created if we can also reproduce things.  Not sure which version you were running previously either, that would be good info on the support case as well for us.  The only thing of which I can think at the moment is something related to the new Skia Graphics Engine, but seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
craigleach
Partner - Contributor III

Vera,

I have a customer that has this same issue. I don't see anyone else with this issue in the Support search. Did you find the cause of this issue?

Thanks,

Craig Leach

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Craig, one other thing to check is that the Qlikocx.ocx and the Qvp.dll file versions match, those are located by default in the following directories:

C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\QvPlugin

C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\QvProtocol

Generally, mismatches account for most of these types of issues, so definitely check that, if things are good, then I would open a support case, so we can look into things in more detail with you and the customer.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
craigleach

Qlik Support has opened a Bug case with Qlik R&D about this issue. My case is still pending