Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III

QVW loaded into memory - what log file/event?

I'm troubleshooting QVS performance issues and want to know what QVWs are loaded on the specific QVS node at the time of my problem. I'm not finding them in my current logs and assume I need to adjust my logging to capture them - but what do I turn on? Is it setting Event Log Verbosity to "high"?

Can someone tell me in what log file I can find QVWs being loaded into QVS and what I need to configure in QMC to write this event to said logs?

Thanks in advance!

Trevor

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I just tested in 12.10 and at this version the message:

"Document Load: The document C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\xxx.qvw was loaded."

only appears with high set on for events.

Re the verbosity load on the server:  My experience is that it's a non-issue -- usually. A couple of times there have been service releases that left some kind of trace/heartbeat monitoring on and high wrote a large number of messages to the log. Probably not overwhelming the CPU, but using a *lot* of disk space.  Again, this issue is very much the exception and I only recall it happening twice.

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The document load event is recorded in the Event*.log file.  I'm not sure what verbosity is required to get the message, but I know high is not required.

Also, if your QMC is still active you can display see what documents are currently loaded by looking at the QVS Statistics option in the QMC.  I realize this is not useful if you are looking into something from the past.

-Rob

rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Rob - I am currently at medium and don't see it being written in the event logs. Do you know how much high verbosity strains the QVS node? Am I fairly safe in bumping up the logging level, or is it risky?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I just tested in 12.10 and at this version the message:

"Document Load: The document C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\xxx.qvw was loaded."

only appears with high set on for events.

Re the verbosity load on the server:  My experience is that it's a non-issue -- usually. A couple of times there have been service releases that left some kind of trace/heartbeat monitoring on and high wrote a large number of messages to the log. Probably not overwhelming the CPU, but using a *lot* of disk space.  Again, this issue is very much the exception and I only recall it happening twice.

-Rob