Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikView QMC Service restart alarm.

Need Restart alarm appears in QlikView QMC Service.

It's an Existing Value that was applied a long time ago, but I don't understand why it's showing up now.
Please check the questions below.

1. Is the Existing Value applied when the icon next to Need Restart is pressed?
2. When the Restart button is pressed, does the entire service restart or only the service whose status shows Need Restart restarts?
3. Why is the alarm suddenly appearing when the Existing Value value was applied a long time ago?
Or am I missing that alarm?

Please reply after checking.

seheon_0-1666225240147.png

Thanks & Regards.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@qwebnm,

In my lab I have a QVS instance running with Reload Engine, without Publisher being licensed. I updated the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config file by increasing the value of "SocketTimeOutInSeconds" from 60 to 120. As soon as I restarted the QlikView Distribution Service and refreshed the QMC, the non default config values were displayed in QMC > Status > Services ReloadEngine (see below).

So, what all or other config changes have you made to QVDistributionServices.exe.config or QVManagementService.exe.config?  In the QVDistributionServices.exe.config file, did you alter the below configuration as well?

<!-- Defaults to %PROGRAMDATA%\QlikTech\DistributionService -->
   <add key="ApplicationDataFolder" value="" />

Regarding your question about the Restart button, that stops the corresponding service. So for Reload Engine, clicking the button will stop the QlikView Distribution Service, just as if you stopped the service in the Windows Services applet.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

It seems you have opened this QlikView Server related question in the Qlik Sense forums. I'll move this thread to the QlikView > QlikView Administration forum.

Is this issue occurring on an environment that was freshly installed? Or, was this migrated from another QVS environment?
I see that this environment is not licensed for Publisher. I'll try making the same configurations that are displayed in your screen capture to see what results I get.

Best Regards

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@qwebnm,

In my lab I have a QVS instance running with Reload Engine, without Publisher being licensed. I updated the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config file by increasing the value of "SocketTimeOutInSeconds" from 60 to 120. As soon as I restarted the QlikView Distribution Service and refreshed the QMC, the non default config values were displayed in QMC > Status > Services ReloadEngine (see below).

So, what all or other config changes have you made to QVDistributionServices.exe.config or QVManagementService.exe.config?  In the QVDistributionServices.exe.config file, did you alter the below configuration as well?

<!-- Defaults to %PROGRAMDATA%\QlikTech\DistributionService -->
   <add key="ApplicationDataFolder" value="" />

Regarding your question about the Restart button, that stops the corresponding service. So for Reload Engine, clicking the button will stop the QlikView Distribution Service, just as if you stopped the service in the Windows Services applet.

Best Regards

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

1. Does this issue occur in a freshly installed environment? Or was it migrated from another QVS environment?
-> This is the existing installed environment.
I modified the SoketTimeOutInSeconds value a month ago.

2. Modify the SocketTimeOutInSeconds value and
Restarting the QlikView Distribution Service causes this message to appear?

If the service is restarted, the set value will be applied, but does the alarm keep coming out?

3. Other configuration changes
- I haven't changed anything other than the SoketTimeOutInSeconds value.
But why does SecondsToWaitBeforeQVBKill come out?

4. Power icon button
- Will the service be stopped?
Is it the icon that stops the service, not restarts it?

Please answer
Thanks & Regards.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@qwebnm,

Do you have any further questions on this issue? I believe we cleared things up for you on other threads you opened. Thanks!

Best Regards