Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wunderch
Creator
Creator

Qlikview 12.60 May2021 SR1: Open File only show (.qvw) not (*.qvw)

Hi guys,

yesterday I've updated to May2021 SR1 and now I have the following problem:

When I want to open a qvw with "File -> Open"-Dialog in QV Desktop from a folder, no .qvw is shown. 

The reason is that the datatype only show (.qvw) and not (*.qvw).

When I change the interface language from German to English then the "File -> Open"-Dialog show (*.qvw)

Any ideas why this happens?

Interface Language German:

wunderch_1-1635418070677.png

Interface Language English:

wunderch_0-1635417983190.png

Regards

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

This issue has been fixed and will be due in SR2, the planned release date for 12.60 SR2 is 6th December (which can be subject to change by R&D).

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think it's a mistake in the translation. How does it look for the other file-types if you click on the drop-down?

marcus_sommer_0-1635422704084.png

- Marcus

wunderch
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,
it looks so:

wunderch_0-1635423424972.png

all file-types are without *

marcus_sommer

It looks that they have extended the list to qvf-files and made the mistake to remove the wildcard. I don't think that it was intentionally - it's just a nasty bug. If none of the Qlik people reacts on this post please contact the support for it. I could imagine that this could be temporary fixed with a small manually hack to any of the translation-files - they should know which one - before it's repaired with the next SR.

- Marcus

wunderch
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply.  

Then I hope that anyone can fix this problem timely.

Have a nice day!

Chris

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@wunderch

As @marcus_sommer said, If you haven't already please create a case for this so we can create a defect,

Can you please include a link to this thread so we can add the answer here too.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

This issue has been fixed and will be due in SR2, the planned release date for 12.60 SR2 is 6th December (which can be subject to change by R&D).

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.