Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview 12 task reloading fails

Hello,

We have been atempting to migrate an existing Qlikview Server 11 installation to Qlikview 12  November 2017 and we have been encountering an issue with Qlikview Distribution Service.

Every task we try to reload is queued. I have checked the load balancing parameters inside the QVDistributionService.exe.config file which we left as was configured by default :

<!-- ************ Cluster Settings ************ -->

<!-- Load balancing formule. Write any JavaScript parsable function (Eval) that returns a number (int). -->

<!-- A lower number means less load. Available fields is "NumberOfRunningTasks", "NumberOfQlikViewEngines" -->

<!-- "MaxQlikViewEngines", "MemoryUsage", "TotalMemory", "AverageCPULoad". A broken formula will be logged. -->

<add key="LoadBalancingFormule" value="(AverageCPULoad*400) + ((MemoryUsage / TotalMemory) * 300) + ((NumberOfQlikViewEngines / MaxQlikViewEngines)*200) + (NumberOfRunningTasks*100)"/>

<!-- If the CPU usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->

<add key="CpuOverloadLimit" value="75" />

<!-- If the memory usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->

<add key="MemoryOverloadLimit" value="90" />

In the loadbalancing log file , i have the following error everytime i start the distribution service :

20180717T152412.233+0200 Information ScriptParamsUpdater: Using PerformanceCounterCpuUsage

20180717T152412.237+0200 Information ScriptParamsUpdater: Using PerformanceCounterMemoryUsage

20180717T152412.315+0200 Error ScriptExecutor: Error #1: error JS2999: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to path 'C:\Users\Admin_QV\AppData\Local\Temp\k15vbsr5.0.js' is denied.

20180717T152412.315+0200 Error ScriptExecutor: Failed to compile JavaScript. Source code: || public function MyEval(CPULoad:double, AverageCPULoad:double, CPULoadQVB:double, AverageCPULoadQVB:double, MemoryUsage:long, MemoryUsageQVB:long, TotalMemory:long, NumberOfQlikViewEngines:long, NumberOfDedicatedQlikViewEngines:long, NumberOfRunningTasks:long, NumberOfRunningDedicatedTasks:long, MaxQlikViewEngines:long) : double || { return eval((AverageCPULoad*400) + ((MemoryUsage / TotalMemory) * 300) + ((NumberOfQlikViewEngines / MaxQlikViewEngines)*200) + (NumberOfRunningTasks*100)); }

20180717T152412.353+0200 Information LoadMeasurer: MeasureLoadThread starting

20180717T152412.425+0200 Error ScriptExecutor: Failed to calculate load; no script compiled.

I checked the access rights on the folder the service is accessing, and the user "Admin_QV" which starts the service has full rights on the folder and all subfolders and fils and is the folder's owner.

When i tried launching the Distribution Service with the "Local System" user , i don't have the error message anymore and task reloading works as expected.

We have some reservations about using the Local System account to launch QV services for security concerns.

The Admin_QV user is a domain user with full Administrative rights on the domain and the local machine.

Can someone offer some assitance please ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Again,

i tried changing the user with which the service was started to no avail.

Is it okay to launch qlikview services with Local System default user or is it a security concern ?

Thanks.