Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunalkhatod123
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview-May2022 : How to change the name of the installation folder under program files from Qlikview to xyz

Hi,

I need some help inorder to rename the installation folder(Qlikview) under Program files (C: >Program files > Qlikview) to some other name lets say for now Qlikview2022.

I have done the above renaming part but when I try to restart the services related to Qlik, those are giving a reference error as the services are still pointing to the old installation folder i.e. Qlikview. 

How can I make Qlik services understand that they need to refer a new path i.e. from Qlikview 2022 without interrupting the existing installation? 

Please note that this is a single node installation wherein all services are installed on one node. 

At the end , I would like to refer the new path to my proxy url for accesspoint.

Thanks,

Kunal Khatod

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@kunalkhatod123   Here is the recommended way for step-by-step for single installation change of  moving QlikView the installation setting from default C drive for   

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000006443

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Thanks 

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @kunalkhatod123,

I believe that uninstalling/reinstalling QlikView Server would be the most efficient method to change the installation folder. However if you want to try manually changimg things, you'll have take multiple steps, some of which are part of article QlikView Moving the Installation Setting from the Default C: Drive

Strongly suggest that you test these following steps in a Test environment and not perform these in a live production QlikView Server environment. It is essential that have a current backup of the environment so that you can backout any changes in order to restore the environment if you can't get things working. So, follow step 1 of the article and back up all of the files and directories listed

1. Stop all of the QlikView Services in the Windows Server Services applet
  2. Rename the current %ProgramFiles%\QlikView folder to QlikView 2022
  3. Open the Registry Editor and navigate to  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\QlikViewDirectoryServiceConnector
    1. Double-click ImagePath to edit the file path so QlikView2022 is included
    2. Repeat this step for all of the remaining QlikView Services
  4. In Windows File Explorer, navigate to %ProgramFiles%\QlikView2022\DistributionService and double-click qvb.exe to register the QlikView Batch type library
  5. Navigate to %ProgramData%\QlikTech and rename the DistributionService directory to DistributionServiceOld
  6. In the Windows Services applet, start the QlikView Management Service, QlikView Server Service, QlikView Webserver Service, QlikView Directory Service Connector, and QlikView Distribution Service in this order.
  7. Test to see if the QMC and AccessPoint are functional,

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@kunalkhatod123   Here is the recommended way for step-by-step for single installation change of  moving QlikView the installation setting from default C drive for   

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000006443

Thanks 

kunalkhatod123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Jill_Masinde  Thanks for the Article. Is there a way we can achieve the same without reinstallation?

Thanks,

Kunal

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @kunalkhatod123,

I believe that uninstalling/reinstalling QlikView Server would be the most efficient method to change the installation folder. However if you want to try manually changimg things, you'll have take multiple steps, some of which are part of article QlikView Moving the Installation Setting from the Default C: Drive

Strongly suggest that you test these following steps in a Test environment and not perform these in a live production QlikView Server environment. It is essential that have a current backup of the environment so that you can backout any changes in order to restore the environment if you can't get things working. So, follow step 1 of the article and back up all of the files and directories listed

1. Stop all of the QlikView Services in the Windows Server Services applet
  2. Rename the current %ProgramFiles%\QlikView folder to QlikView 2022
  3. Open the Registry Editor and navigate to  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\QlikViewDirectoryServiceConnector
    1. Double-click ImagePath to edit the file path so QlikView2022 is included
    2. Repeat this step for all of the remaining QlikView Services
  4. In Windows File Explorer, navigate to %ProgramFiles%\QlikView2022\DistributionService and double-click qvb.exe to register the QlikView Batch type library
  5. Navigate to %ProgramData%\QlikTech and rename the DistributionService directory to DistributionServiceOld
  6. In the Windows Services applet, start the QlikView Management Service, QlikView Server Service, QlikView Webserver Service, QlikView Directory Service Connector, and QlikView Distribution Service in this order.
  7. Test to see if the QMC and AccessPoint are functional,

Best Regards

kunalkhatod123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky  I followed the same steps you posted above but I am currently stuck on starting the Qlikview distribution service. Please find the attached error which I am facing.

kunalkhatod123_0-1681831606222.png

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @kunalkhatod123,

Did you perform step 4 - double-click qvb.exe in %ProgramFiles%\QlikView2022\DistributionService? If so, refer to article QlikView Distribution Service error on start up 1067. 

Best Regards

kunalkhatod123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, I followed the same instruction like below : 

• Verify that the QlikView Service account has full read and write and modify permissions on C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService
  • If a Distribution Service Cluster is deployed, verify that the Application Data folder location is correctly configured. Each node in a cluster requires its own Application Data Folder and Notifications file location. 
  • Individual files in the Application Data folder may be corrupted. 
    • The folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService can be recreated
    • Stop the Distribution Service 
    • Rename the \DistributionService folder 
    • Start the Distribution Service

But, no luck, its still same issue.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

At this point, I suggest that you uninstall/re-install QlikView as was initially suggested.