cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manasi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview Personal Edition

We have 10 apps running on Qlikview license server. But now we want to use Qlikview personal edition. Can we move all the 10 apps to Personal edition?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

HI @Manasi,

If you're planning on having end users access the apps, then QlikView PE would not be a suitable substitute for QlikView Server AccessPoint as it is more designed for personal use.  Refer to the below information from the article I provided previously
Chip_Matejowsky_0-1623229118541.png

I suggest that you reach out to your Qlik account manager and have a discussion regarding your business requirements and which approach would work best for you.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Manasi 

It is legal to use it, but make sure you understand the limitations that Chip mentioned above.

You will also not be eligible for any support From our Product Support team

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Manasi,

So please confirm if I understand your question correctly.  You currently have QlikView Server with 10 app (QVWs) that are available on the AccessPoint and you want to move them to QlikView Personal edition (PE)?

QlikView PE is the free, unlicensed version of QlikView Desktop and a major stipulation of QlikView PE is that you can only open QVWs that you have created using QlikView PE.  Therefore you wouldn't be able to open any of these existing 10 QVWs.  For more information on QlikView PE, see the Qlik Support article QlikView Personal Edition FAQ 

Best Regards

Manasi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky ,

Thank you for the prompt response. And yes you got my question correctly. And your response is what i was looking for.

Can you help me on this - Is it safe and legal to use Qlikview free version post license exit?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

HI @Manasi,

If you're planning on having end users access the apps, then QlikView PE would not be a suitable substitute for QlikView Server AccessPoint as it is more designed for personal use.  Refer to the below information from the article I provided previously
Chip_Matejowsky_0-1623229118541.png

I suggest that you reach out to your Qlik account manager and have a discussion regarding your business requirements and which approach would work best for you.

Best Regards

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Manasi 

It is legal to use it, but make sure you understand the limitations that Chip mentioned above.

You will also not be eligible for any support From our Product Support team

Manasi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @Chip_Matejowsky 😊

Manasi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @Maria_Halley  😊