Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay587
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Upgrade

Hi Team,

Currently we are using Qlikview 12.20 version ,now we are planning to upgrade it  to  12.70 (May 2022) version.

Can we go for an upgrade directly from 12.20 to 12.70 ? Please suggest me if any issues in this approach.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Jay587,

I’m glad to learn there is a backup. Try running Notepad (or another text editing application such as Notepad++) as an administrator by right-clicking the Notepad icon and selecting Run as Administrator.  If you don’t have permissions to do so, contact your internal server team and have them make the change on the file.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Jay587 

You should be able to upgrade directly. Below is links to the help section about upgrading and an article with more info. I hope this helps

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/QVS...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/A-QlikView-Upgrade-Guide/ta-p/1713389

Jay587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello All,

Do I need to install first initial release of Qlikview May 2022 version and then install SR1 of May 2022 for the upgrade ?

Or Can I directly install Qlikview May 2022 SR1 ?

Please suggest me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Jay587,

You can directly go to May 2022 SR1 version. Note that May 2022 SR2 was released yesterday. You can download the installation files here.

Best Regards

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Jay587 

In QlikView, the Service Releases (SR) are full installation packages, so you can install QlikView May 2022 SR1 directly.

(In QlikSense you have to install the main version first)

Jay587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello ,

Many Thanks for the quick response.

I have one more doubt about the upgrade steps,there is one document(Attached) for the upgrade steps which I found in community and also when I refer the May 2022 upgrade I can see the below link with upgrade steps.

Please suggest me  which steps needs to be followed to the upgrade whether it is a document or steps mentioned in below link.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/QVS... 

What are the main points to keep in mind when upgrading from 11.20 to 12.70 ?

Thanks in advance.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Jay587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello All,

Do I need to install below setup files before starting the upgrade to Qlikview may 2022 SR2 Version ?

Qlikviewdesktop_x64setup.exe

QlikviewOfflineservice.exe

Qlikviewworkbench.exe

Qvpluginsetup.exe

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Jay587,

These QlikView items do not have to be upgraded prior to upgrading QlikView Server but should be upgraded ASAP so that all of these are running the same build version. Make sense?

Best Regards

Jay587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Again,

We are planning for the Qlikview upgrade to May 2022 version in few days and our current Nprinting version is 19.29.3.0 September 2019.Is there any issues we will face related to Nprinting post upgrading to Qlikview May 2022 ?

And also we are planning to upgrade Nprinting as well after Qlikview upgrade.

Just  to know if there will be any issue between these two post Qlikview Upgrade.

Thanks in advance.