cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucasx15
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview print PDF with error

Hello everybody. Here I use version 11.20 of Qlikview Server within the Intranet on a Windows Server 2012. For approximately two months, I can no longer generatebrowser reports. It returns the "Timeout has been exceeded". I have already reinstalled the qlikview server and the other software and the error still persists.
I even added the action to generate the pdf in the 'QVManagementService.exe.config' file and it still didn't work.

Screenshot_21.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @lucasx15,

Are you receiving this error immediately upon when printing the report, or any QVW file that you print reports? Or is the error returned after some time?

If error is returned instantly, ensure the following:

• On the server running QlikView Server Service (QVS) verify that PDF Xchange printer is installed and the default printer 
  • Ensure that the Print Spooler service is running in Windows Services

Have a look at the Qlik Knowledgebase article Install or Reinstall PDF-Xchange Printer on QlikView Server

If error is returned after some time, refer to article Ajax print PDF with error Timeout has been exceeded.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @lucasx15,

Are you receiving this error immediately upon when printing the report, or any QVW file that you print reports? Or is the error returned after some time?

If error is returned instantly, ensure the following:

• On the server running QlikView Server Service (QVS) verify that PDF Xchange printer is installed and the default printer 
  • Ensure that the Print Spooler service is running in Windows Services

Have a look at the Qlik Knowledgebase article Install or Reinstall PDF-Xchange Printer on QlikView Server

If error is returned after some time, refer to article Ajax print PDF with error Timeout has been exceeded.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI Lucasx15,

Have you found a solution for your issue?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
lucasx15
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Bill! 

I tried these days to use the recommendations above. However, it still returns the error message. We even re-installed the Qlikview server on our Windows Server, and the error still
persists. The strangest thing is that in the Desktop version I can generate the printable pdf normally.