Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview server 11: All services are down

Hi all,

I completed installing the Qlikview server only to find out that all the services are down despite the fact that all the 5 services are running correctly.What's happening???

Secondly i had to change the server name before the installation and surprisingly the publisher has new name and the Server has the old name, i'm quite

confused about the whole installation.

Please Help!!!!!

Thanks

4 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is this an upgrade or a fresh install.  Also, did you do a reboot after the install finished?  LAstly, did you verify that your license info is entered and working?  It pays to re-enter the LEF and Control number.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the quick response, it's a fresh installation and yes i did a reboot.Unfortunately i can't enter my license because the fields in there just don't allow me.

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

In the services snap -in, are all of your services using the QVService account?  I would verify that the correct ID and Password is entered on the Log-on tab.  You should be able to just right click on the service, click on Properties, go to the log on tab, and update that information. 

It is odd that you can't update the license info.  Did you install QVS logged in as an Admin?  Did you add the QVService account to the QV Administrators group too?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nate,

I managed to resolve the issue simply by running a fresh installation as an Administrator. Initially i made mention that i changed the server name but it kept the old name for some reason i was totally clueless about. So essentially i uninstalled and deleted all other traces from Appdata.I right clicked and run the setup as Administrator and it worked perfectly. Thanks anyway