Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding the bookmark size and how to avoid the bookmark gets vanished

Hi Pros,

we have a strange issue here at our organization   , users are creating bookmarks and these bookmarks are getting disappeared

we have contacted Qlik on this and they had said that any bookmark more than 32KB is possibly gets vanished .but i see few bookmarks more than 32KB still existing .

what i need to know from your expertise is

what makes a bookmark size increase more than 32Kb ? i know this might be a silly one and you might be thinking that the selections we made makes the bookmark grow , but i need a little in-depth details because when i have looked at the shared file which i have exported to xml and from .shared file i can see nulls along with the selections , what are these nulls ?

is it really the size of bookmark causing the issue or the shared file , if it is the shared file issue we should not be able see any of the bookmark in the portal ,but we are able to see few bookmarks .

can we restrict user from creating a bookmark which is more than 32KB of size

do cleaning the shared file everyday or periodically can help this issue ?

Awaiting for responses

Thanks in advance marcus_sommerRobert_Mikastalwar1cleveranjosanonymousjimhalpertafdjaganhicstevedark

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Within the Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView are a viewer- and a repair-tool for the shared-files which contain the bookmarks and many other objects. Maybe you could in this way better see what's wrong.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

so i assume you are saying that this issue might be causing by the corrupted shared file , if so can you please suggest few standards that we have to take inorder to keep our shared file prone from corruption. and what makes shared file to get corrupt

marcus_sommer

I'm quite fortunate that I never had a serious problem with the shared-files and could you probably not further help.

- Marcus