Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove navigation toolbar from IE plugin at script level

Please suggest how do we remove navigation toolbar from IE plugin at script level?

One way of removing is to do right click on the document and select "Customize toolbar" and check/uncheck "Navigation".

Appreciate if someone can suggest how to achieve the same through script level or at server level.

Thanks,

Kumar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kumar,

As long as the IE Plugin is a standalone application installed in the user computer, you need to modify the Windows Registry as far as layout and buttons is concerned. You can apply some security in the document, by using section access for example, and check the Security tab in the Document Properties under the Settings menu. But the Help and Support info will appear always, and makes sense, since when the application crashes, the first thing that the Support guys are going to ask is exactly the Document Support Info.

If this is a serious security concern in your user deployment, and according to what Alexander Karlsson says, I rather move the whole application to use Ajax instead of Plugin.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

It seems you can do that by removing / modifying at the user computer some registry keys. Backup your registry file before anything!

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Toolbar 7\State-Summary]

"Bars"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Toolbar 7\State-Bar0]

"BarID"=dword:000005dd

"Visible"=dword:00000000

"DialogBar"=dword:00000000

Here you have how to automate the process to different computers at the same time.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

We dont have any provision for client machine access as they are external users.
Would be great if we have any other approach to resolve this at SERVER level.

Thanks,
Kumar

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Is there any solution towards hiding navigation toolbar in IE plugin ?

I am using Qv 11 SR1.

Thanks,

Kumar

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kumar,

As I mentioned above, there is no document nor server side property to hide the toolbar. You will need to either leave as it is or modify the Windows Registry in all the clients.

The Ajax client allows you to comment a couple of lines where the toolbar is, but this does not apply to the IE Plugin.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Kumar,

As Miguel said, if you are moving over to AJAX you can use the attached document extension to remove the toolbar.

If it's external users it's probably recomended anyway since you will consume less bandwidth with the ajax client.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I have done it for Ajax client, in case of IE Plugin  is it possible to hide the Menu option from the toolbar?
Concern regarding hiding menu option is to make unavailable some of the options like

Document Support Info

About Qlikview

navigation toolbar.png

Thanks,
Kumar

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kumar,

As long as the IE Plugin is a standalone application installed in the user computer, you need to modify the Windows Registry as far as layout and buttons is concerned. You can apply some security in the document, by using section access for example, and check the Security tab in the Document Properties under the Settings menu. But the Help and Support info will appear always, and makes sense, since when the application crashes, the first thing that the Support guys are going to ask is exactly the Document Support Info.

If this is a serious security concern in your user deployment, and according to what Alexander Karlsson says, I rather move the whole application to use Ajax instead of Plugin.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi, I downloaded the extension, unzipped and placed it in the extension folder. What else need to be done to disable the toolbar? Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Our company is in the middle of planning the upgrade to QV 11 SR2.   In QV 10 we were able to remove the IE toolbars with some help from the forums (Vlad if I remember right).  Just wondering if anyone can tell me why it would not be possible in QV11?   I see that the files controlling the accesspoint are different, but I would expect that they would still be a possible solution other than AJAX. 

We have displays that have a vast amount of objects and the screen real estate is needed. 

We have suggested that there be a checkbox to include or exclude the IE toolbars but it seems to have never been addressed. 

Thanks,

JS