Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SSO for QlikView V11

Hi,

I have following Environment.

1)Domain controller Win 2003

2)QVS Server Win 2003 (QV11 Sr2)

3)Sharepoint Server (Web Pages) win 2003 (Moss 2007)

A User will log on to sharepoint portal via  active directory users. Now there is a link on sharepoint webpage which will redirect to Qlikview application itself.

Here in my case when I hit this link its asking for password again.

Can someone help me to achieve this in V11. I don't want to use IIS server for authentication.

I have gone through SSO document for V10 with IIS.

It would be great if someone could help me in this regard with default QlikView WebServer with some scenerio or snapshots.

Awaiting for your reply.

13 Replies
dde
Employee
Employee

There are lots of options around SSO but the easiest way of dealing with dealing with this would be to stuff it behind a reverse proxy using HTTP Header authentication with QV.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dave,

Can you have some example. Regarding this?

dde
Employee
Employee

I have no documents I can share I'm afraid.

You may not even need a Reverse Proxy.  The way this is normally done with Siteminder is that Siteminder is set up to use HTTP Headers against the web site running QlikView.  This should be fairly standard on the Siteminder side and is not special to QlikView so a "standard" IIS configuration would work.

QlikView's Authorisation would need setting to DMS and Authentication set to HTTP Header.

Not applicable
Author

@qvaashfaq, have you figured out a solution to your problem?