Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braham
Creator
Creator

Storing Last Document State

Morning,

Some assistance from this forum would be greatly appreciated.

We have just migrated our QlikView environment to a new server with new OS and the latest version of QlikView. One of the issues we are facing is that after opening a document using the IE plugin, QMC does not store the last document state. When you open that document again it opens with the Ajax Client. We have some users using the IE plugin and some using the Ajax client. 

Some assistance on resolving this annoying issue would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @braham,

I believe what you’re referring to is Session Recovery. Session Recovery is only available with the AJAX client and is not a feature of the IE Plugin client. Refer to the Qlik Knowledgebase article Session Recovery in QlikView.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

Within the qmc system-settings is by the web-server a setting which client should be used as default. Also each application has within the qmc by documents a setting which clients are available. Maybe these settings needs to be adjusted.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @braham,

As Marcus noted, you can set preferred client in QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Web Servers > QVWS@ > AccessPoint tab > AccessPoint Settings tab > Default Preferred Client and each user can set their preferred client on the AccessPoint in the Favorites & Profile settings located in the upper right-hand corner of the display.

Best Regards

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @marcus and @Chip, I think I must have used the setting as you mentioned. Tried on the server and it works just fine.

5 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @braham,

I believe what you’re referring to is Session Recovery. Session Recovery is only available with the AJAX client and is not a feature of the IE Plugin client. Refer to the Qlik Knowledgebase article Session Recovery in QlikView.

Best Regards

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky , thanks for the quick response. What is confusing to me is that on the old server once you had used the IE plugin to open a document, when you opened the same document again it opened with IE plugin, not the Ajax client. I understand that using the Ajax client other settings in the document can be saved.

marcus_sommer

Within the qmc system-settings is by the web-server a setting which client should be used as default. Also each application has within the qmc by documents a setting which clients are available. Maybe these settings needs to be adjusted.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @braham,

As Marcus noted, you can set preferred client in QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Web Servers > QVWS@ > AccessPoint tab > AccessPoint Settings tab > Default Preferred Client and each user can set their preferred client on the AccessPoint in the Favorites & Profile settings located in the upper right-hand corner of the display.

Best Regards

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @marcus and @Chip, I think I must have used the setting as you mentioned. Tried on the server and it works just fine.