Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreypico
Contributor III
Contributor III

Time for open a big app on the server

Hi all.

I mention the interesting thing. 

When I try to open a big application on server use IE or Firefox application is loading and wouldn't open. But if I open this application in the next tab after 5 minutes it will open for 3 seconds.

Maybe the problem is in timeout.

How can I fix such behavior?

App Size - 6 gb
When open on server - 20 gb
Server RAM 64 gb
I am use IIS

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Andrey, so I believe the issue is the fact the server has to load the application into memory off disk that first time, and given you appear to be using Ajax client, there is a 60 second socket timeout that is likely causing the disconnect etc.  It also explains why when you go back on a new tab it does open, as the application is in memory at that point, so the server just has to connect your session...

I believe the following Article should be of help:

QlikView Timeout settings 

Look under IIS and the 'SocketTimeOutInSeconds' setting, set that to a value large enough to cover the time it takes the QVS to get that app loaded into memory.  You can more likely use the Desktop Client to get that value, be sure to add a buffer on top of that! 🙂  Hopefully that does the trick for you.  Oh, in the IIS manager, the name of the setting is as above and the value would be the number of seconds you want.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Andrey, so I believe the issue is the fact the server has to load the application into memory off disk that first time, and given you appear to be using Ajax client, there is a 60 second socket timeout that is likely causing the disconnect etc.  It also explains why when you go back on a new tab it does open, as the application is in memory at that point, so the server just has to connect your session...

I believe the following Article should be of help:

QlikView Timeout settings 

Look under IIS and the 'SocketTimeOutInSeconds' setting, set that to a value large enough to cover the time it takes the QVS to get that app loaded into memory.  You can more likely use the Desktop Client to get that value, be sure to add a buffer on top of that! 🙂  Hopefully that does the trick for you.  Oh, in the IIS manager, the name of the setting is as above and the value would be the number of seconds you want.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.