Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II

Unable to Remove QVW from User Document Folder in QlikView Publisher.

Hello,

We are using Qlikview Publisher, we have number of QVW in User Document now i want to remove some of QVW. i have directly deleted QVW from Physical path of User Document but still it was showing at User Document. after searching Community i have try deleted task and Source documents related to that QVW but still it is showing at User Document.

5 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I suspect the name of the file in User Docs is in all caps, e.g. SALES PER REGION.QVW, right? If so then that means that there were document CALs assigned to the document when it was deleted from disk. To resolve this, you need to create a QVW with the same name and place it in the same location. Then remove the Document CALs assigned to it, then physically delete the file.

infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Levi For Quick reply.

Yes you are right User Docs are in caps like "GL ANALYSIS.QVW", but i don't know how to remove Document CALs assigned to it. can you please help me for that?

thanks in advance.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

2015-11-05 11_41_48-QlikView Management Console.png

Make sure the Document CALs section is set to 0 after placing a new QVW in the same location so that the filename is properly cased rather than ALL CAPS.

infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your reply, really appreciated.

Currently it is showing 0 for all documents. and all 400 CALs are available.

Please suggest further.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The key part there is that to be sure that there are 0 Document CALs allocated to that particular document. Once that is confirmed then you can just delete the file from where ever it lives.