Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II

Unable to use user management section of QMC

Hey there,

I've run into a strange error in the QMC.  Under the User Management section, no CALS are visible.  If I search for a user, the QMC continuously says "Processing" but never actually returns a user and causes fetching of other stats from QVS to fail.  Has anyone come across anything like this before?  Restarting QMS doesn't resolve the issue.  We're currently running 12.50.20300.0.

nsm1234567_0-1610958201071.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi there, I don't think the solution here is to just not use this part of the site.  We use this to manage shared objects across the site so that we don't have to go app-by-app.  We've sent this on to our partner also.  It seems as well that the shared objects don't get returned on this screen

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi @nsm1234567, note that this is a almost only read section, if you want to assign licencise you should go to System->Licenses.

Here if you look for user * it shoudl show all users of that directory, and if you select a user on the list you can see his related objects/licenses

nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi there, I don't think the solution here is to just not use this part of the site.  We use this to manage shared objects across the site so that we don't have to go app-by-app.  We've sent this on to our partner also.  It seems as well that the shared objects don't get returned on this screen

nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I managed to resolve this on my own.  I wrote a script to run a cleanup of every shared file on the server and then converted all shared file to TSHARED.  AFter restarting services, search started working again.  So some issue with the shared files I guess.