Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Upgrading to v11 SR5 from v11.0.111

Hi Everyone

I want to upgrade Qlikview server to the latest release v11(SR5). I am currently running 11.0.11154.0 (Server only, not Publisher).

From the threads I've read I understand the upgrade is pretty straightforward if it's the same major version. I've also read the Technical Brief on Qlikview 11 upgrades and migrations.

After making a backup I went to do the upgrade after downloading the latest version and it told me that it wanted to uninstall Qlikview. I'm not that technical when it comes to this sort of stuff and it made me a little nervous that I was uninstalling the entire product first as I was under the impression that the latest release would just install over the top of it.

Can anyone advise me what to do when upgrading to versions, am I doing it right?

Thanks

Stu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stu,

No worries mate. I've linked a good guide for upgrading (make sure to follow the right section for QVS 10 with no Publisher).

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2647

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stuart,

You're doing it right. You don't need to specifically uninstall QlikView Server before upgrading but during the installation the old version will be uninstalled and the new version will be installed.

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the speedy response Johannes. So as long as I have backed up my Qlikview documents (QVW's and QVD's) everything will be cool right? All the settings for access portal, licence allocations etc. will be kept?

Thanks

Stu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stu,

No worries mate. I've linked a good guide for upgrading (make sure to follow the right section for QVS 10 with no Publisher).

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2647

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Cheers. I've read that and I couldn't find any scenario where I was using the same version (i.e. 11 to 11) so I got a bit confused!

Thanks for your help that's given me a bit more confidence.

Stu