cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmmunoz
Contributor
Contributor

User without access to some docuemntes even with named CAL

Hi there, we have 7 users, each of those have a named CAL assigned. 6 of them can access to all documents on the QlikServer, but there's one (the recently created) that only has access to some of the documents (cannot see them all). The user has Windows permissions over the folder and documents, and there is no section access.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

So do these QVWs have Section Access? The following Qlik Design blog entry and Qlik Support YouTube video are great resources

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @jmmunoz,

Regarding the error message you are reporting, see Qlik Support article A QlikView document fails to open with the error Failed to open document. You don't have access to t... 

Best Regards

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @jmmunoz,

So you have only one user who is unable to see all of the QVWs in the AccessPoint that he has full Windows permissions to?  If that's the case it sounds as if these particular QVWs have Section Access applied to them.  Please confirm if this is the case and if the user in question has been added to the Section Access statement within the QVW.

Best Regards

jmmunoz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, thank you. In that case, how can I modify the Section Access?. I'm new into QVW managment. 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

So do these QVWs have Section Access? The following Qlik Design blog entry and Qlik Support YouTube video are great resources

Best Regards

jmmunoz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Alright, i'll check it out, but jsut in case, is it possible to apply Section Access to folders too? because this user has this problem too, it cannot see .qvw documents and some folders, even with windows permissions set correctly.

Thank you anyways.

David_Friend
Support
Support

@jmmunoz Section Access is purely at the QVW level, its defined in the load script of the document.

Also is QlikView in NTFS or DMS security mode?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-manage-QlikView-document-access/ta-p/1717081

jmmunoz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It's on NTFS security mode. In addition, if I try to open a document (that cannot be seen by opening in the server), just by typing the network address of the shared folder, I get an error: " you don't have access to this document 19", even tho I have total control over that document.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@jmmunoz 

You can have have full control of a file and still not have read/write access.  But you can give yourself the  permissions you want.

Try to right click the file and select open with, pick notepad.

Does the file open? It will be gibberish of course, but I want to see if it gives any permissions error.

jmmunoz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi there, yeah, files and folders can be opened by any domain user accessing through the network shared drive, even with notepad without any problem, but from QVW, some files and folders cannot be seen when opening in the server. In case that I open the file form QlikView, search for the network shared drive, and try to open it, it gets the error: " you don't have access to this document 19".

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@jmmunoz 

Then I really think it is section access, since  QlikView relies on NTFS for authorization.

What do the user get if he opens the document in QlikView Desktop?