cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arogers
Contributor II
Contributor II

Users unable to get to Access Point via Chrome

Is anyone having issues using Chrome and Edge getting to the access point or opening reports?   Before the latest Chromium update, I used to be able to work around this by updating the same site flags within Chrome but this "trick" no longer works.   Users  get a loading message and it never really connects.    QlikView 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @arogers,

This issue should be solved by an upgrade to at least version 12.40 SR3 or greater, or 12.50, or 12.60. Have a look at the Release Notes for QV v12.40 SR3 (12.40.20300)  and check the Known Issues seciton - Changed default SameSite value in Chrome v80 may cause blocked access to embedded QlikView content

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@arogers  What version of QlikView server are you currently running in your environment?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
arogers
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @arogers,

This issue should be solved by an upgrade to at least version 12.40 SR3 or greater, or 12.50, or 12.60. Have a look at the Release Notes for QV v12.40 SR3 (12.40.20300)  and check the Known Issues seciton - Changed default SameSite value in Chrome v80 may cause blocked access to embedded QlikView content

Best Regards

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Also, article Missing SameSite attribute blocks requests in Chrome 80 and later - Too many sessions in parallel has I work around I believe

arogers
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the response - we will be upgrading the operating system on our ERP system that is having the same issue.  

arogers
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Wanted to give a quick update - we were able to upgrade to QlikView Server 12.6  as well as the plugin however my users are still having very inconsistent results.  Now they seem to be getting stuck even getting to the access point.   Edge or Firefox work fine.  I will continue to look for any commonality between the problem users.  

Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

The upgrade likely fixed the previous issue samesite value related since it works with Edge after upgrade. The issue experienced on 12.6 is likely sourced differently. 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂