Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III

While saving the QlikView file getting temp file like MFCD918.tmp

Hi i am not able modify the QlikView files. while I am saving the file it is creating .tmp file. How to resolve error as i'm very new to this technology.

Can anyone help me .
Thank you in advance

QlikView 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @ashish1504,

Can you provide a screen capture of the issue you're reporting. The fact that you can save the QVW in a different location seems to indicate that there isn't an issue here.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

I don't remember of having seen such behaviour at any time by my qvw's. Therefore I think it's rather not the default-behaviour of QlikView even if the most tools (and many tools work with such methods) don't do it within the target-folder else any temporary one and move them after finishing the saving-task.

If now these tmp-files are remaining and the qvw's aren't saved it hints that anything went wrong by the installation of QlikView and/or that the folder/files rights aren't properly set (or maybe afterwards changed by any group policy) and/or any security tool prevents the access and/or any specific user-settings (within the easter eggs) were made.

Solved: How to stop QV generate temp file like MFCD918.tmp - Qlik Community - 1049176

To get more hints what's happening you could look within the various log-files of QlikView and the OS (windows event/security-log) and the logs from any third-party security tool.

Beside this you may also just de-install QlikView, remove the settings.ini, install QlikView again and trying it again with new qvw's within folders in which your user has really a full-access.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@ashish1504 

Can you give some more details about this?

What version are you using?

Do you mean that you are working on the files in QlikView? 

What error do you get when you are saving? The file you see is created during the save should be deleted when the save is done. 

ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Maria_Halley 

1. we are using QlikView May 2021 SR2(version 12.60.20200.0)

2. Yes i have made some changes to the QlikView and modify the file when i am trying to save that QlikView file it is creating .tmp file (eg. MFC2871C9C.tmp).

3. I am getting tmp file like MFC2871C9C.tmp

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @ashish1504,

Are you able to use the QlikView Desktop File > Save As menu and save the QVW with a different name, or save the QVW in a different file path?

Best Regards

ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky  

Yes i am able to save the file in different location with different name .

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @ashish1504,

Can you provide a screen capture of the issue you're reporting. The fact that you can save the QVW in a different location seems to indicate that there isn't an issue here.

Best Regards

marcus_sommer

I don't remember of having seen such behaviour at any time by my qvw's. Therefore I think it's rather not the default-behaviour of QlikView even if the most tools (and many tools work with such methods) don't do it within the target-folder else any temporary one and move them after finishing the saving-task.

If now these tmp-files are remaining and the qvw's aren't saved it hints that anything went wrong by the installation of QlikView and/or that the folder/files rights aren't properly set (or maybe afterwards changed by any group policy) and/or any security tool prevents the access and/or any specific user-settings (within the easter eggs) were made.

Solved: How to stop QV generate temp file like MFCD918.tmp - Qlik Community - 1049176

To get more hints what's happening you could look within the various log-files of QlikView and the OS (windows event/security-log) and the logs from any third-party security tool.

Beside this you may also just de-install QlikView, remove the settings.ini, install QlikView again and trying it again with new qvw's within folders in which your user has really a full-access.

- Marcus