Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Windows 8.1 64bit can't create odbc for accdb files?

Windows 8.1 64bit can't create odbc for accdb files, only mdb. Normally went the syswow64 route. anyone any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I got a solution. I am on Windows 8.1 64bit with Office 2013 365.

I downloaded and installed "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010" from Microsoft.com. After the installation the accdb option appeared when trying to add odbc for accdb..

Regards,

Lambert.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey Lambert

Try the Database interface OLE DB and go with the provider Microsoft jet 4.0 OLE DB provider this will import your accdb files.

Regards

Surbhi Sahu

Bisp Solutions Inc

http://bisptrainings.com

gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Morning,

Can you create it in the 32 bit data sources(ODBC) ? Access 2010 ?

As i understand you can see the driver when you press add but is not work?

BR//Gonza

Not applicable
Author

u can use the 32 bit ODBC

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I got a solution. I am on Windows 8.1 64bit with Office 2013 365.

I downloaded and installed "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010" from Microsoft.com. After the installation the accdb option appeared when trying to add odbc for accdb..

Regards,

Lambert.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Lambert,

That is correct. Microsoft stopped providing the X64 drivers in the OS a while back. The only want to get them is to install Office X64 on your machines or

Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Cent...

Not sure if this will work with Windows 8.1

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill.

dirk1955
Creator
Creator

Hi,

This is indeed the solution, also for windows 8.1.

But why is it so slow?

I have a access office xp database, which I can't change because it is being used by an other program.

From that database I need to read at every reload, a table which has around 75000 lines and growing.

In an earlier version of windows (XP pro) combined with office 2010, my QV app was running like a rocket.

Now I'm using windows 8.1 pro and office 2013 and the app is running as a hot air balloon when there is no wind.

Anyone a solution?

Dirk