Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvankorlaar
Partner - Contributor III

"Close" button in the ajax toolbar

Hi,

I am trying to understand the behavior of the "close" button in the ajax toolbar when using the QlikView access point. I can't seem to find information about this.

It is also not mentioned here: https://help.qlik.com/nl-NL/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Ajax/WebView_Tool...

When you use the close button, and then press the recover button, some wierd things seem to happen with the active selections. Sometimes it is reset to default, and sometime's it is the document default selection + criteria you  had when closing the document.

When closing the document by closing the browser tab, and then going back to the same QlikView app, we don't see this behavior and everything works as expected and you enter the document with session recovery (having the same selections as prior to closing the browser tab).

I am seeing this behavior at this moment in QlikView 12.60 and 12.70.

Can anyone explain what is going on and if this is the normal behavior of the ajax close button vs just closing a browser tab?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @nvankorlaar,

Based upon your description it sounds as if you have Session Recovery enabled. Have a look at Qlik Support KB article Session Recovery in QlikView: How to enable it and how it works for more details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @nvankorlaar,

Based upon your description it sounds as if you have Session Recovery enabled. Have a look at Qlik Support KB article Session Recovery in QlikView: How to enable it and how it works for more details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
nvankorlaar
Author

thanks for the response, this did clarify the behavior.