Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Open in server", can't access reload.

When I open a qvw which is physically on a server everything goes well. When I choose “open in server” on a client, the qvw opens but I cannot access reload. What goes wrong?

7 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

check setting -.Document properties->security->Reload( should be checked)

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunil,

I've checked the checkbox:

Allow user reload checkbox is on

SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

I am not sure which version of QV you are using but this behavior is usually encountered in version 8.5 or 8.2 where we had client like QV Analyzer, professional, Enterprise and etc.  If you have analyzer, you not edit the document because as designed these functionally remains disabled. If its version 9 or above then its may be different issue.

you can do this

If open a document with "Open in Server", Reload is disabled. You can reload via a batch schedule of:

1. Qlikview Server

2. Windows Scheduler

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

The users have to reload themselves, a batch schedule is not an option

SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

what about qlikview server then???

Sunil Chauhan
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can't do this.  When you do "open in server", you're using QlikView Desktop as a thin client and it's not possible to reload or save the application.

g_f_bakker
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Ron, today I spoke with the customer and they agreed to the following: In a server login it is not necessary to have a reload or a save function. We will do this in the User CAL’s and with the server scheduler.