Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohan2391
Creator III
Creator III

2 stacked bars with 6 expressions

Hi

I have a chart with 1 dimension and 6 expressions.

I want to show 3 of those expressions as 1 bar with 3 stacks and the other 3 as 1 more bar with 3 stacks.

That means, finally in my chart i want to see 2 stacked bars with each having 3 stacks(3 expressions).

Is it possible to get ?

Is there any other way to achieve it ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You can add Month as a dimension, and it'll do what I think you want. See attached.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you be able to provide sample?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

There's probably a better way, but I created two dimensions, and use them to select one of six expressions for each combination.

mohan2391
Creator III
Creator III
Author

John,

That's interesting. But in my case, i have Month as dimension and want to show 2 sets of stacked bars for each month.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You can add Month as a dimension, and it'll do what I think you want. See attached.

MarcoWedel

please provide some sample data, your dimensions, expressions and expected result.

thanks

regards

Marco

mohan2391
Creator III
Creator III
Author

John,

It's great and working fine.

If i want to include 1 line (7th expression) into this chart and which is not related to 'Group' which defined in your example.

How to do this ?

Finally i want to show 2 stacked bars with 6 expressions (i achieved this) along with 1 more line, without affecting bars.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I couldn't think of anything clever, so attached is brute force. I overlaid two charts using a variable for chart expression and another for the static maximum of the chart. I also think there must be a simpler expression for my static maximum.

Capture.PNG