Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

A Button with dynamic update

Hi all,

Have a scenario where we have to create a button in the dashboard, in that we have a requirement to generate a URL link and it should automatically display a survey form.

The URL should be created dynamically, where users can see the pre-populated data in the survey form (depending on who the user is and what Dept is being searched and relevant data should be passed on through the URL, example like Dept, Name, Date, Number...) and at the same time required a comments section where users can enter their comments manually and that survey form should be saved or loaded into an excel file.

In the next level, again this excel data should be reloaded back to Dashboard in the table form.

How do I create URL link dynamically and how do I get the pre-populated data through URL and how can I load the data which has been entered in the survey form back to excel file and make survey form available to re-enter the data when 'button' has been selected again?

Please provide me the solution for this.

Thank you,

Nihal

4 Replies
Not applicable

please refer to the following links for builidng url links

Chart expression to open (Link to) URL

URL links

let me know if you have other questions - I have created url links - there is also some good info in qlikview

Not applicable

I have done the following

=[CaseNbr]&'<url>'&URL

where CaseNbr is a dimension in my table, the '<url>' is telling the expression this is a url link and URL is a variable I ahve defined that has the various pieces to the url (string)

here is a portion from Qlik help

Examples:

=Name & '<url>' & Link

=Name & '<url>www.qlikview.com'

where Name and Link are table fields loaded in the script.

Not applicable

Nihal

any new information on building your links?

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Adam for your immediate response but sorry for late reply as I have some issues with internet...

Actually building links by using URL I am have problems so to ask you about my question in a brief here it is what I am looking for.

Using a button object I need to load an existing excel file with some of pre-populated dimensions (The dimensions should pop up depending on who the user has selected the button in the dashboard and based on region),

in that one of the dimension name is 'comments' initially this comments section is blank but when I click on button object that excel file should open up in that same window and I can able to enter/type some comments to it and then reload the entire information to store in to another excel file.

Please advise the solution.

Thank you,

Nihal