Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

A complicated puzzle with time

I have a challange that I don't know how to solve.

When you select a year/month/.. in qlikview you get the data for that year/month/..

But I need to have all the date up to that month, how do I contrive this?

Perhaps working with a from -to selection box where the user chooses the time period, but I do not know how this should work.

An additional difficulty is that I have several dates, each sheet in my document is built around a different datefield.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Katleen

3 Replies
sasikanth
Master
Master

hi,

For the First one try something like below

sum({<Year={"<=$(=vMaxYear)"},Date={'<=$(vMaxDate)'}}Value)

it will some up to the selected year

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I guess if all your worksheets have some time-dimension, then it would be a good idea to have a master_calendar that all your worksheets can link to, that way you can basically make selections that will be valid everywhere - if you want that, otherwise you can build in triggers to remove them whenever you change sheets.

Then maybe you can create a small Inline_table - or a RESIDENT LOAD from your master_calendar - and rename it END_MONTH or so - important is that it is not linked - and then add a trigger that will select on the "real" month_field with the correct search-expression.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can use MonthEnd() to get data till that month in the set analysis, something like:

=Sum({<Date={"<=$(=MonthEnd(Date))"}>} Amount)

If you select a date it would give you data summation till the end date of the month the selected date belongs to.

For several date fields issue, you better maintain a master calendar table in the script which would be a link table to several date fields from various tables. Refer :canonical-date