Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

A general query?

Hello Experts,

I have a Dimension called Asset as shown in the image here. I am doing a sum(value) in a pivot chart for this dimension. I want to drop off or avoid showing the 3 fields highlighted as seen below from this Pivot chart... Is that possible by Set Analysis or any othe way as i cannot delete them from the source file...

Like This.JPG

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sicilianif
Creator II
Creator II

The minus should be outside the brackets and just before the equals:

=num(sum({<[Assets]-= {'Whole Book'}, year = {'2011'}>}MTDTable), DataFormat)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sicilianif
Creator II
Creator II

For set analysis you would add {<[Assets-={'Fees','VAT on fees','Whole Book'}>} to your sum(value).

Not applicable
Author

I know that, but what if i want to avoid them or ignore them... from calculating???

Thanks for your fast reply,

Mady

sicilianif
Creator II
Creator II

The minus sign in front of the equals in the set analysis will exclude those assets from being included in the calculation, and therefore would drop those dimensions from the pivot table.

Not applicable
Author

=num(sum({<[Assets- ]= {'Whole Book'}, year = {'2011'}>}MTDTable), DataFormat)  I have somethig like seen here... so here I used the - sign as suggested by you and it doesnt seem to work???...

Can you explain more please... Thanks Again

sicilianif
Creator II
Creator II

The minus should be outside the brackets and just before the equals:

=num(sum({<[Assets]-= {'Whole Book'}, year = {'2011'}>}MTDTable), DataFormat)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for all the help and your time 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hello further to the issue mentioned here, what if I want to remove these fields at the load script level, so that they are not used anywhere in the application?? They are coming from the SQL Table, Dashboard, Assets: I have the below load script.

Dashboard:
Load

Assets,
Profits,
Budget,
Other tables

From dbo.xyz table.

Thanks Again

sicilianif
Creator II
Creator II

You can just add a where clause to your SQL statment: