Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

A half filter - is that possible

hello

I have a list box with 10 countries and 3 charts which display the adspends for every country (by media, by brand and by month). I have one other list box with the brands (that brands are specifics for each country and are not the sames - so I display them by the function hide excluded and I can see the brands for the selected country)

But I have one chart which displays the adspend detail by brand and for that I have to select one brand. The problem is that if I select one brand the filter apply on all charts and the other charts are specificly for all brands and if I use alternate states I cannot see the brands specifics to the selected country...

So what I need is the 2nd list box is linked to the 1st one but in one direction - when some value from the second list box is selected it won't change the others charts but just the last one...

thank u for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

That might not be necessary. If a chart should always display all possible brands, even if a brand is selected, then use a set expression for the expressions in the chart, like this

Sum({<Brand=>} Spend)

This causes the expression to ignore the brand selection. The chart should now display the same with or without the brand selection.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

That might not be necessary. If a chart should always display all possible brands, even if a brand is selected, then use a set expression for the expressions in the chart, like this

Sum({<Brand=>} Spend)

This causes the expression to ignore the brand selection. The chart should now display the same with or without the brand selection.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

If you go to document settings open the general tab you can see a button alternate states.

By creating an alternate state for Brand - you're able to make a selection disregarding the selection for the original list boxes.

Adding a new list box you'll have to select the alternate state in the General tab.

And it's best to have the always one selected option checked (as this matches the chart you'd like to show)

The chart itself has to be changed as the alternate state has to be shown:

Sum({[AlterateStateName] * $}[AdSpend])

Not exactly a half filter, but it might serve the purpose.

You might want to add some comments to the second list box (as navigation might get confusing).

Not applicable
Author

Of couuuuuurseeee I've already saw that somewhere but completely forgot about it thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank youuuu

Thank to Eric too