Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AGGR in Set Analysis

I am trying to sum the top 10 series within a television network.   I was able to successfully get a list of the top 10 series using a calculated dimension  of =aggr(if(rank(sum(households))<=$(=vYLimitNum),$(=vYAxis)),$(=vXAxis),$(=vYAxis))

vYLimitNum=10

vYAxis = Series

vXAxis = Network

Now when I go to try and get a sum of the households for just those series aggregated to the network I can't get my sum function to aggregate correctly.  A simple sum(households) returns all HHs correctly.  I've tried this sum expressions...

sum({<Network=, Series={"=aggr(if(rank(sum(households))<=$(=vYLimitNum),$(=vYAxis)),$(=vYAxis))"}>} households)

But it returns no data.

Thoughts on how I might be about to correctly setup that set analysis?   Of if I have to use set analysis.  This has to be dynamic so I can't create a summary table.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

HA!  I figured it out and that SUM suggestion did work I just had to tweak the aggr to return my metric and not the dimension.

I ended up with this expression:

sum(aggr(if(rank(sum(Households))<=$(=vYLimitNum),Households),$(=vXAxis),$(=vYAxis)))

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

how about wrapping with sum()  ?  Otherwise i'd like to see the QVW if you can share.

sum(

aggr(if(rank(sum(households))<=$(=vYLimitNum),$(=vYAxis)),$(=vXAxis),$(=vYAxis))

)

Not applicable
Author

I am not able to share the full document but I can share the attached.  The chart labeled "By Network Top Series HH" is the one that will not return for me.  The chart "Top 10 Series" is accurately showing the right Series and HH values.  I want to aggregate up that table into just the Network level.

Not applicable
Author

HA!  I figured it out and that SUM suggestion did work I just had to tweak the aggr to return my metric and not the dimension.

I ended up with this expression:

sum(aggr(if(rank(sum(Households))<=$(=vYLimitNum),Households),$(=vXAxis),$(=vYAxis)))

Thanks!

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

Very good. Don't forget to close out the thread .:)