Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

About document call

Hi all,

I find some defination about document call:

The Document CAL, however, can only be used with documents which have a single contiguous data model and do not contain
any chasm traps between tables

What's the meaning of it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It means you can not have snow flake schema in your data model. or in other words all your tables should be properly linked with each other and you can not have any isolated table within your data model.

May be this helps you.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It means you can not have snow flake schema in your data model. or in other words all your tables should be properly linked with each other and you can not have any isolated table within your data model.

May be this helps you.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak

Not applicable
Author

And if I put 3 tables A,B and C into one document. A could connect to B, and C is isolated from A and B.

If I use docment cal, will it consume 2 doument cals because there exists chasm traps between tables?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In that case you wont be able to use document cal. As this is the basic need if you want to use document cal you can not have this kind of data model.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak

Not applicable
Author

What would happen if I used this odd model by document cal?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

QV Server will not allow you to assign document cal to such document. It will raise an error msg.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak

laurens
Contributor III
Contributor III

The data-model has no effect on the Document call.

You can use a snowflag with Document call license

Not applicable
Author

We have a small business license and 100 usercalls.

It makes no difference if the document has a snowflag architecture.

Greetz.,

Dirk

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you are using any other CAL type like "Named User CAL" or "Session CAL" then it does not make any difference. But, it makes difference when you are using "Document CAL".

There are certain limitations with "Document CALs" as these are cheaper then "Named User CALs".

For more information on CAL types you can look into QVS reference mannual.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak