Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prees959
Creator II
Creator II

Access Point and Reloads on Different Servers

Hi,  Is it possible to split the Access Point and Reload Server across different servers?

I would like to sit the access point on cloud server which and have the reloads occur on an onprem server?

Many thanks,

Phil

2 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi! Sure, you would need a Publisher license and install the QlikView Distribution Service on the on-prem machine. 
If the machines are not part of the same domain, you'd also have to setup domain trust.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just to clarify a bit further, it would also be possible to run Publisher side as its own environment with its own QMC etc., you would have to utilize Folder Distributions to get the reloaded files over to the cloud, or you could use RoboCopy via Supporting Tasks in Publisher as well, or something along those lines.  Just wanted to add this to the post, as it may work better depending upon how integrated your cloud and internal environments are etc.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.