Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ad-hoc reporting, set analysis

Hi, there!

Need your help with issue: I need to make expression, that will calc a Sum(Value) for max DateReport.

But if DateReport has added to table as Dimension, then I need to get Sum(Value) for current DateReport.

Here example. I try to use expression

=If(Dimensionality()=0,

Sum({<DateReport={"$(=Max(Date(DateReport)))"}>}Value),

Sum(Value)).

But problem is that it works fine for first table, but doesn't work for second.

Ex_2.png

Second table should look like this:

Ex_2_2.png

I need to use it in Ad-hoc reporting, so I have one table with all Dimensions (users choose Dimensions for table by themselves), and I need one expression.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

33 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If I understood you correctly. May be as at attached file in "Final" table. I inserted a [DateReport] dimension into the table, and then hide it on the tab "Presentation".

1.jpg

Regards,

Andrey

Anil_Babu_Samineni

`Seems, This report shows to me as Max Date of Data point. Can you check the same

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Andrey, Hi! Thank you for reply.

I guess it's not the thing that I am searching for.

The goal of the Expression that I need is to show Sum(Value) for Max [DateReport], if [DateReport] doesn't addicted to the table (2nd table).

If Dimension [DateReport] has addicted to table, then I need show Sum(Value) for each date (1st table in Example).

aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry, but I don't get your suggestion.

Can you please explain.

Thank you!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Sum(Aggr(Sum({<DateReport = {'$(=Date(Max(DateReport)))'}>}Value), SubBranch, Branch))

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Check this if this is what you are looking?

LOAD *,

Date(Date#(DateReport, 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'MM/DD/YYYY') AS NewDate;

LOAD *

INLINE [

Branch, SubBranch, DateReport, Value

Branch1, Sub1, 31.01.2017, 808

Branch1, Sub1, 28.02.2017, 864

Branch1, Sub1, 31.03.2017, 944

Branch1, Sub2, 31.01.2017, 857

Branch1, Sub2, 28.02.2017, 847

Branch1, Sub2, 31.03.2017, 955

Branch1, Sub3, 31.01.2017, 953

Branch1, Sub3, 28.02.2017, 841

Branch1, Sub3, 31.03.2017, 889

];

aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Anil,

works pretty nice, But only for 2nd table.

If I use this Expression in First table (with [DateReport] Dimension), it show values only for Max DateReport, but I need values for each DateReport.

Ex_2_3.png

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Quite did not get you. IF you want all the values for date report you are already getting the column beside sum(Aggr()) column. What is your actual requirement output?

aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Vishwarath, thanks for reply!

Works good for second table, but doesn't fit for first table (shows values only for Max(DateReport), but I need values for each row).

Ex_2_4.png