Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ad-hoc reporting, set analysis

Hi, there!

Need your help with issue: I need to make expression, that will calc a Sum(Value) for max DateReport.

But if DateReport has added to table as Dimension, then I need to get Sum(Value) for current DateReport.

Here example. I try to use expression

=If(Dimensionality()=0,

Sum({<DateReport={"$(=Max(Date(DateReport)))"}>}Value),

Sum(Value)).

But problem is that it works fine for first table, but doesn't work for second.

Ex_2.png

Second table should look like this:

Ex_2_2.png

I need to use it in Ad-hoc reporting, so I have one table with all Dimensions (users choose Dimensions for table by themselves), and I need one expression.

33 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is it, Can you attach updated QVW, Please

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It will be Ad-hoc reporting tool: 1 table. All users will be create they own reports (they can add to Dimensions all necessary fields: Branch, Subbranch, DateReport and other fields). Do you get it?

aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Check it out.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Ok so why do you even need that column then? Sum(Aggr(Sum()) I mean, you are already getting the values for each datereport using Sum(value) right? Correct me, sorry quite not getting what exactly your are looking for, can you explain a little more with some expected output you want to see.

aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, in first table expression works good. But, if user decide remove Dimension [DateReport] from table, values become incorrect, like in my example (2nd table).

In final solution (output) user will be decide which Dimensions should be in table.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure, Whether which values you are expecting while Zero

Like this, May be?

Capture.PNG

Or this?

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Check this?

aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, work. But you use different expressions in two tables.

Is it possible to make one expression for 2 tables? I mean Expressions with same sintax.

Because in my output solution (Ad-hoc) i will get only one table, and user will be decide which Dimensions should be include to it.

aisolomatin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I need one UNIVERSAL expression, which will give me result in first table like this : Sum(Value) for each row and Sum(Value) with DateReport=Max(DateReport) for Total:

Ex_2_5.png

and 2nd table like this: Sum(Value) with DateReport=Max(DateReport).

Ex_2_6.png

But it shoul be 1 Expression (same syntax).

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

This ?