Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add a calculated column

Hello, I have added a new table box into my main sheet and used all available fields (my source is an excel sheet).  I would like to learn how to add a column into my table box which will calculate based on existing fields.  I could not see how to simply "add blank column" or similar.  I hope this makes sense.  Basically, like Excel - I would like to insert a blank column.

6 Replies
vikasmahajan

What is requirement , What you want to achieve ?

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas

I would like to calculate the difference between two dates.  the two columns of data already exist in my source excel file but the calculated data does not. would like to have this new calculated field show in my table.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

Interval(DateField1 - DatefIeld2, 'DD') as DiffDate

'DD', refers to your desired output format. You can modify this format as per your requirement (for hour-'hh', minute-'mm'...)

vikasmahajan

While loading excel in to Qlikview You can perform the calculations on excel columns means  if col(a) and col(b) you have in excel  then while loading this into qlikview along with load script you can perform Col(a)+Col(b) as Col(c). This way you can do the things.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Use a Straight Table Chart instead of a Table Box. Table Box only allows you to display existing data. Straight Table allows you to create additional columns using expressions.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob!